22nd Mar, 2019
Job Title : Database Administrator (DBA)
Join a fast-growing company in Schaumburg, Illinois with a focus on providing cutting edge Technology solutions to Publishing and Media companies as DBA (full time employee min 40 Hrs per week)
JOB Role and Responsibilities
A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. The DBA will also be involved in the planning and development of the database as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. The DBA makes sure that databases have the following qualities:
- Data remains consistent across the database.
- Data is clearly defined.
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs.
- Provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Installing and testing new versions of the Databases.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans. Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Capacity planning. Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and application developers.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Writing automation scripts for database backups and performance tuning.
- Writing stored procedures to reduce the response time.
- Provide 24*7 DBA Support for Database Administration, Backup/ Recovery, Performance Tuning support for all the production databases achieving 100% SLA (Service Level Agreement).
Must Have Skills to perform the job
The ideal candidate should have the following skills to perform the job
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Should have at least 5 to 7 years of experience in Software industry
- Should have excellent knowledge of ORACLE 10g,11g on multiple platforms
- Sound knowledge in bash shell and awk scripting.
- Sound knowledge RMAN backup ,HOT backup and batch scheduling.
- Sound knowledge database migration from NON ASM to ASM.
- Sound knowledge Table/Schema/Database level logical backups using exp, data pump as per the requirement.
- Good knowledge in managing Primary and Standby (DR) databases.
- Good knowledge in DBA tools.
Well known for the casual, team-oriented work environment that values initiative and enterprise, we are consistently looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join our team. For a deeper glimpse into Gantec Publishing Solutions, take a look at our website www.gantecpublishing.com Gantec Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer