23rd January, 2019
Job Title : TECHNICAL LEAD
Join a fast-growing company in Schaumburg, Illinois with a focus on providing cutting edge Technology solutions to Publishing and Media companies as Technical Lead.
This role is for someone that enjoys fast-paced and collaborative environments, tackling interesting technical challenges, and works well on teams. This position requires a professional programming background with experience in a range of technologies with a focus on the Agile methodology.
- Lead Agile development teams on client projects
- Create application architectures based on project needs
- Maintain awareness of developers’ capabilities and make staffing recommendations for client projects
- Evaluate developer and tester strengths and weaknesses
- Assume responsibility for timely project execution and project work products that exceed customer expectations
- Produce functional specifications and detailed design documents for client projects
- Directly manage developers assigned to projects
- Serve as senior technical resource for client projects
- Support business development in proposal generation activities
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and emergent technologies
- Managing mobile and web application projects
- Candidates will be supporting client requirements along with leading a development team towards project goals as it relates to function, cost, and timing
- Providing technical leadership in directing a cross functional team from concept to launch
- Anticipate bottlenecks and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Supporting the architectural design for the projects
- Strongly supporting technical team in terms of application development
JOB Requirements :
Desirable skills and experience for the Technical Lead include a mix of several of the following:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in a related field
- Previous experience as a technical team lead overseeing application design/development
- Experience with full XP, Scrum, and Waterfall projects.
- Experience designing/developing custom solutions using enterprise technology stacks such as NET, JEE, or MEAN.
- Familiarity with RDBMS (SQL Server or Oracle) including experience writing complex SQL queries
- Familiar with operating systems like Windows, Linux
- Experience with aggregate-oriented databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra would be a plus.
- Experience with web services, JSON,XML and REST in particular.
- Working understanding of the UML and Agile Modeling.
- Knowledge of several programming languages, especially Java, C#, Perl, PHP and Python.
- Knowledge of IOS & Android App development.
- Experience with Agile software engineering practices such as Continuous Integration, unit testing, TDD, and refactoring.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design methodology and software design patterns.
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Willingness to travel, if necessary.
Base Pay : $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 /Year
Employment Type : Full-Time
Job Type : Information Technology
Education : 4 Year Degree
Experience : 10 to greater than 15 years
Manages Others : Not Specified
Industry : Computer Software
Required Travel : Not Specified
Well known for the casual, team-oriented work environment that values initiative and enterprise, we are consistently looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join our team. For a deeper glimpse into Gantec Publishing Solutions, take a look at our website www.gantecpublishing.com Gantec Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer